- Our School
- Come and See
- Remote Learning (COVID-19)
Our school has held the nationally recognised status of a Healthy School for several years now. The qualification requires evidence of good practice in four main areas:
1. Personal Social and Health Education. PSHE contributes significantly to the Every Child Matters five outcomes: being healthy, staying safe, enjoying and achieving, making a positive contribution and economic well-being.
2. Healthy Eating. Pupils have the confidence, skills and understanding to make healthy food choices. Healthy and nutritious food and drink is available across the school day.
3. Physical Activity. Pupils are provided with a range of opportunities to be physically active. They understand how physical activity can help them to be more healthy and how physical activity can improve and be part of their everyday life. Schools, like ours, who are involved with the Northumberland Sports Partnership work to all the standards.
4. Emotional Health and Well Being. Promoting positive emotional health and well-being helps pupils to understand and express their feelings and builds their confidence and emotional resilience and, therefore,their capacity to learn.